Spectrum Event Medical Services is committed to maintaining the confidentially and security of your personal health information. As an individual, you have a right to know how we collect, use and disclose personal information and to expect that, to the best of our ability, your personal information held by us remains accurate, confidential and secure. To ensure the security of your information we have implemented policies and procedures in accordance with the Personal Health Information Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000 (PIPEDA) that adhere to the following principles:
- In order to provide you service, Spectrum Event Medical Services’ employees may ask you a variety of questions to collect your personal information or data. Your consent to collect, use and/or disclosure this information will be requested prior to collection.
- The information you provide will be limited to the collection of personal information which is necessary for the specific use intended.
- Spectrum Event Medical Services will not rent, sell, exchange or otherwise release your data to any individual or organization.
Individual Access/ Disclosure
- If a request is made to access your personal health information, Spectrum Event Medical Services will contact you immediately to obtain consent to disclose your information. Spectrum Event Medical Services will not disclosure your information without your consent.
- This process ensures your right under the Privacy Legislation to control who has access to your personal information.
- Spectrum Event Medical Services may disclose personal information if we are required to do so either by law, to comply with a legal process or government requests.
Third Party Suppliers
- Spectrum Event Medical Services works with third parties who provide services that assist us in conducting day to day business.
- To protect your personal health information, Spectrum Event Medical Services requires that these organizations adhere to our privacy policies and procedures and understand that all data remains the property of Spectrum Event Medical Services clients.
- Spectrum Event Medical Services uses a variety of security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal health information.
- Personal information is maintained in a secure environment. In the case of financial information exchange we use industry-standard, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
If You Have Concerns… Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, our business practices, or your dealings with us, please feel free to contact our office at 1-866-527-9191
If you wish, you may also contact the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner at 416.326.3333.
This Privacy Statement applies to Spectrum Event Medical Services, its employees, and its agents and representatives who may be assisting in the execution or support of service delivery.